Since 2009, Partnering for Cures has been convening leaders with the experience, creativity, and motivation needed to transform the medical research system.
It is convened annually by FasterCures, a center of the Milken Institute, and connects hundreds of decision-makers from across diseases who are motivated by the same mission – to reduce the time and cost of getting new therapies from discovery to patients. In 2017, FasterCures is taking Partnering for Cures on the road and convening a smaller, cross-sector group of medical research leaders twice – once in Boston and once in San Francisco. Save the date for P4C Boston on July 12, 2017. Registration will open in spring 2017. And stay tuned for the P4C San Francisco date, which will take place in fall 2017.
- Life science investors, including venture capitalists, philanthropists, and wealth advisors
- Biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and insurance company executives
- Patients and medical research foundation innovators
- Academic medical center leaders and researchers
- Government decision makers, including federal funders, federal researchers, and regulatory policy makers
What’s on the agenda?
Both our Boston and San Francisco meetings will have a combination the following program elements on the agenda with topics tailed to the specific audiences. Further information on the Boston and San Francisco agendas coming soon!
- Hot-Button Panels and Plenaries addressing mission-critical issues such as the future of health data, how to build the science of patient input, and policies for furthering medical innovation
- Workshops focused on finding tactical solutions for specific R&D challenges
- Time=Lives Talks featuring remarkable speakers whose compelling personal experiences have driven them to pave the path towards cures – sometimes against many odds
- Breakfast Roundtable Discussions that allow participants to find and engage with leaders in their area of interest through focused networking opportunities
To get an idea of the content, view our 2016 agenda. The 2017 agenda will be available in spring 2017,
About the Milken Institute
The Milken Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank determined to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health. We do this through independent, data-driven research, action-oriented meetings and meaningful policy initiatives.
FasterCures, a center of the Milken Institute, is an action tank, determined to remove barriers to medical progress. We have only one goal: to save lives by speeding up and improving the medical research system.