Strategic Planning »
These consultations will address strategic and business model issues, including establishing planning guidelines and timelines, conducting strategic analysis and organizational assessments, setting or changing strategic direction, refining goals and methods, approaching collaborations (with both partners and funders), and mapping/measuring success.
- Russell L. "Rusty" Bromley, Principal, TRAC Consulting
- Liz Horn, Principal, Liz Horn Consulting, LLC
- Debra R. Lappin, Senior Vice President, FaegreBD Consulting
- Paul L. Rosenberg, Partner, Bridgespan Group
- Marie Schiller, Partner, Health Advances
- Carolyn Van Damme, President and Founder, The Round Peg Group
Collaboration Structuring »
These consultations will address various methods for formalizing and carrying out cross-sector partnerships as efficiently and effectively as possible. This category covers issues such as intellectual property, data sharing, and conflicts of interest to ensure that the proper legal and structural agreements/policies/processes are in place for successful collaborations.
- Beth Arnold, Partner, Foley Hoag LLC
- Mark E. Boulding, Executive Vice President & Chief Legal Officer, PTC Therapeutics
- David Lubitz, Partner, Schaner & Lubitz, PLLC
- Teri Melese, Professor, Department of Medicine, and Director, Business Strategy and Development, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco
- Lili M. Portilla, Acting Director, Office of Policy, Communications and Strategic Alliances, National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences
- Ken Schaner, Managing Partner, Schaner & Lubitz, PLLC
- Mark Scheideler, Founder, HumanFirst Therapeutics LLC
- Scott J. Weir, Director, Institute for Advancing Medical Innovation, University of Kansas Cancer Center
Attracting Capital »
These consultations will focus on funding. Consultants will come from both the foundation and investor perspectives and will provide best practices and guidance around the strategic acquisition and allocation of capital (i.e., evaluating philanthropic investment, building a high-impact medical portfolio, attracting investors, resource-building, etc.).
- Christopher Earl, President, Innotrove LLC
- David Steinberg, Partner, PureTech Ventures
- Chris Varma, President and CEO, Blueprint Medicines
- Gregory M. Weinhoff, Partner, CHL Medical Partners
Interacting with the FDA »
These consultations will address how to interact with FDA around various points of interest (biomarker validation, data collection guidelines, IND/NDA tracking, clinical trial protocols, communication with industry, etc.). These sessions will feature consultants who can offer advice on what to expect from the regulatory review process and where to go for unique issues/challenges.
- Enrique Avilés, Chief Technology Officer, C-Path
- Michael C. Beckloff, President, Beckloff Associates
- Bron Kisler, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium
- Elizabeth Moyer, CEO, M/P Biomedical Consultants
- Marc Wilenzick, Life Sciences/FDA Attorney; Senior Advisor, Harvard Multi-Regional Clinical Trial Center
Communications & Marketing »
These consultations will focus on building visibility and credibility with collaborators and media, strategies for evaluating and pursuing thought leadership opportunities and collaborators, and promoting strengths, successes, and unique attributes of organizations/projects to potential partners and funders.
- Barbara Lavery, President, Zoomedia, Inc.
- Maureen Suda, Principal, Suda Communications LLC
The Expert Consultations at Partnering for Cures are informal sessions intended to be informational in nature. The individuals serving in the role of experts are providing their advice pro bono, and before acting upon any such advice you should consult with your own experts or consultants who are more familiar with your particular organizations. Neither the consultants nor the sponsors of Partnering for Cures shall be liable in any manner with respect to the outcomes or consequences that may result from any actions taken based upon the guidance offered in these sessions.